- It was the imperial capital of the Nguyễn Dynasty between 1802 and 1945. There was seat of the Nguyễn emperors in Citadel, which occupies a large, walled area on the north side of the Perfume River. Inside the Citadel was a forbidden city where only the emperors, concubines, and those close enough to them were granted access.
- More info on Hue: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hu%E1%BA%BF
- More info on Hoi An: http://www.hoianworldheritage.org.vn/en.hwh
- The temple area: Entering Vu Khiem entrance, there is Luu Khiem Lake*. See my notes in the previous paragraph about the lake and the two pavilions which are called Xung Khiem and Du Khiem.
- The tomb area: On the left of the temple is the necropolis itself slopping upward with the Honor Courtyard, the Stele Pavilion, and the sepulture.
HUE – Tranquil Evening
I took a shuttle bus provided by the hotel to Hue city together with three other girls from Hanoi, Germany and Australia. Drop-off/pick-up points are at Tropical Garden Restaurant in Chu Van An Street.